1. Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar promotes regularity and aids digestion. Every day I drink one glass of water with 1 tsp. each of ACV and raw honey.
2. Psyllium Husks. Psyllium Husks are found in Metamucil. If you purchase them in their powdered form you will have no additives and pay quite a bit less. Psyllium husks aid in elimination. I would drink a Tbsp. mixed with almond milk or juice at least three times a week. Be sure to drink plenty of water!
3. Ballet Barre Exercises. High intensity and low impact strength training. Perfect for pregnancy. There are many YouTube vids to introduce you to this fun method of exercise. Talk to your O.B. or midwife before trying a new exercise program.
4. Water Aerobics. I am a firm believer that water aerobics are THE reason I was able to continue my level of fitness throughout my pregnancy.
5. Coconut Oil. Increase energy levels by ingesting this form of medium chain fatty acids to optimize the baby's development. I also used coconut oil topically to prevent stretch marks. Happy to report that it was a success on both accounts.
6. Chicken stock. The gelatin and minerals are highly beneficial to mama and baby.
7.Ezekial bread. This sprouted bread is the only kind of bread that didn't clog up my system during pregnancy. I enjoy a slice every day.
8. Say no sweets and white bread and white pastas. If you must indulge in bread or pasta, choose whole grains.
9. Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. Personally, I waited until the 35th week to start drinking this tea. The tea is said to tone the uterus and make contractions more productive.
10.Green smoothies. To insure I kept my iron levels up I drank spinach smoothies as often as I could. Recipe coming soon!
Grace and peace,
This post is shared here