simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Thursday, January 15, 2015

German Pancakes

When my husband and I were first married we stayed at a quaint bed and breakfast in a charming, little German town. The antique shopping was abundant, the culture inviting and the food, divine. We were served this fluffy dish one morning with a side of crisp bacon and fresh fruit. My husband and I were determined to recreate the experience at home.
 
 
 
Here is the recipe:

GERMAN PANCAKES "EIERKUCHEN"

8 Farm fresh eggs
2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 tsp of baking soda
3 tbsp. sugar or maple syrup
dash of salt
Sprinkle of powdered sugar
additional butter 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 400. Place 9x13 baking dish into oven with 1/4 cup butter to melt. Combine all of the ingredients except powdered sugar in a blender. Pulse until all of the ingredients are combined then blend until no lumps are present. Pour into buttered 9x13 pan. Bake about ten minutes and then dust with powdered sugar. Bake additional 3 minutes. The pancake will be bubbly but will settle once cooled a bit. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.

Do you have a "Go-to" breakfast recipe? German Pancakes would have to be my favorite breakfast to serve my family and guests. It is a unique, simple, quick, "real-food" recipe. I always have the ingredients on hand and they get rave reviews every time I serve them. Did I mention they are simple and easy? A must for this mom of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment