A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving my family.


Friday, March 20, 2015

Five Friday Favorites



This is my first Five Friday Favorites post. I always enjoy seeing what others are taking pleasure in. These are a few of the many fun things I have loved this week...


1.These cookies. I am obsessed with them. Some sweet friends and I had a mom's night on Monday so I made these. I replaced the oats with finely chopped unsweetened coconut. I thought they were amazing. Better than the original recipe. Try it and tell me if you agree!
Recipe here


2. Target's Sparkling Cucumber Mint water. So refreshing! My friend Angie and I used to make "spa water" years ago by infusing cucumbers, lime, lemon and mint. This tastes similar but it is effervescent so it makes it that much better :) I'm drinking one now!




3. This song. I am sure everyone is so over it but not me. I love it.




4. This bracelet. My stepmom, whom I will forever be endeared to, gave me this bracelet. Her mom received it during World War Two. She was working in the shipyards and a gentlemen made it for her by twisting two stainless steel welding rods together and running over them with a rail car.  This is the one piece of jewelry I have kept up with all my life other than my wedding ring! It is a priceless treasure and I wear it every day. Don't you love one of a kind pieces that have sentimental value?


Side note, I was NOT operating a vehicle when this photo was snapped :)



5. My sunnies. My dad bought these for me as a gift two birthdays ago. I originally "borrowed" a pair of his old aviator Raybans and was perfectly content with them. Like I said, I am sentimental and my dad happens to be one of my favorite people on the planet so I enjoyed owning sunglasses that once belonged to him. On my birthday I was delighted that he would take the time to surprise me with this pair.   I think of him and feel special every time it is a sunny day and I pull these out of their case and slip them on! My lil' bro bro is also among my favorite people and in the photo below...


Bonus: My Scripture for the week is Mathew 6:20-21
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
 
As fun as all of the above is to me, I know that filling our hearts with God's Word is of eternal significance. Each week our family has a Scripture passage we memorize. This is our passage for the week. Believe me, there is nothing sweeter than to hear your children recite the Word of God. Joy and blessings to all of you this week!
 
Grace and peace,
Adoring Family
 
 
 
Style Elixir