simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Thursday, April 16, 2015

Where You Go I'll Go

 
Sometimes life is uncertain. One day you are moving in one direction and everything seems to be as it should be and the next you realize your life could be taking a different path.
 

"...for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God." Ruth 1:16
 
Where you go I'll go...There is no place I would rather be than smack dab in the center of God's will. I know that whatever He has for us in this life will be best lived out following Him. Seeking joy in every season, opportunity and obstacle. Life is not always easy and during uncertain times I want to cling to Him. As Genesis 17:1 says, I want to serve the Lord faithfully and live a blameless life. Most important is what the Lord says in Genesis 17:7. "I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you." As long as He is the Lord of my life, I know I can trust that somehow things will work out for the good.
 

All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.
Isaiah 54:13

 
We have such finite vision. I do not want to be chasing after things that will pass away. I want the important things in my life to be those with eternal value. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35
 
For now, I am resting in the Israelites promise when they were in exile in Babylon, 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jerimiah 29:11
 
 
In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, And his children will have refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

 
When life is uncertain I take great comfort in God's Holy Word. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
Isaiah 51:6
 
And He will be the stability of your times, A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; The fear of the LORD is his treasure. Isaiah 33:6
 
The Lord Christ is the same, yesterday, today, tomorrow. Forever. He is unchanging and on That Solid Rock I'll stand.
 
Grace and Peace,
Adoring Family
 
 
Grace&Truth-300x300

No comments:

Post a Comment