simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Thursday, December 5, 2019

Quiet Confidence and a Joyful Purpose

I have been learning an abundant amount about being a strong and purposeful woman whose confidence and identity are rooted in Christ. 
Image may contain: people smiling, one or more people, night, closeup and indoor
A few takeaways from my findings are below...

Who you are is not dependant on what others think. People will think what they will and it is not your job to try and change their minds. It IS your job to keep doing the thing you are purposed to do every day and seek the approval of God, not men. Being concerned only with what God thinks can be a very liberating way of living. You are approved and immensely loved by your Savior. When you are lovingly responding to his acceptance of you, you are deepening that fellowship and furthering His Kingdom and your purpose in life. To know Him and make Him known. 

If I am working hard every day and doing what I feel called to do, then I can feel good about myself. Deep down, we all know what we are supposed to be doing on a daily basis. When you avoid that responsibility it causes anxiety and depression. We were created to do good works as stated in Ephesians 2:10,
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 
It is not a requirement for love or salvation but you will be most fulfilled when you are living out your daily life full of good, hard work. I'm much happier at the end of the day and can lay my head on my pillow feeling satisfied when I know I worked my tail off that day.  
The Proverbs 31 woman was a hard worker, she was a leader and she was a helper. 

That being said, I rest in knowing that I have the approval of God no matter WHAT I am doing. I am loved and cherished and  I can rest in God's grace. Oh, what a feeling of comfort and joy. I know I have the love and favor of the Lord at all times. I can walk around my daily paths knowing that I am delighting in God and He in me. It gives me such a feeling of peace.

Know where your true identity lies. It's not your husband, your children, your friends, your job, your home, your money, your looks. Your true identity is in Christ. You are a child of God. It is only when you realize this that you can fulfill your true calling and purpose. God has a plan for you according to Jeremiah 29:11. He has a purpose for your life and you must remain in fellowship w Him in order to determine what that purpose is. If you are not, then you will be susceptible to other people's opinions and tossed to and fro w the waves of this world. You will look to others and try to fit yourself in someone else's mold insteasd of blossoming into the what the Lord has called you to be. Do not let others take possession of your life and determine what you should be doing. You have been given a unique calling. Submit yourself to God and you will fulfill your purpose through Christ's strength and not your own.

When all else fails in life, serve. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, look for ways to bless others. Look for ways to be kind. If you are at a social event and just not feeling it, get up, clear the table, help take out the trash, wipe down counters, do the dishes...something! anything. Ask to help. If you are having a hard time in your daily life, if you are feeling down, look for ways to serve someone else. You will NEVER regret being kind. I am actually having a down couple of days. I'll explain more tomorrow but I have a plan for tonight. I have a sweet friend who is fighting the good fight but is just in a very busy season right now. I am doing a simple act of taking her and her family dinner this evening. It will be fun to get together a care package for her and her little family and it will bless both of us. Not at all trying to toot my own horn here but I am trying to give an example of service in a time when I am finding happiness a struggle to grasp. It is also a good example for the children. 

WEll, that's all I have for today. Thank you for stopping by.
Grace and peace,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! I serve and help with my church and find it very fulfilling. Earlier this year I was struggling pretty hard with my identity. It, along with other circumstances, caused me to go into a deep depression and I was in the psychiatric unit at the hospital for a few days. I had to dig deep and remember I AM A CHILD OF GOD. That's my identity!

    ReplyDelete