simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Thursday, February 26, 2015

"White Chocolate Mint Mocha" Caffeine Free, Dairy Free


 I concocted this little recipe to satisfy my very sweet tooth and give me energy on a cold afternoon. My kids enjoy this drink as well and we have found it can be savored any time of the day, even bedtime.  We call it a "white chocolate mint mocha" although there is no chocolate or coffee in it!
...See now, how my eyes have brightened because I tasted a little of this honey. 1 Samuel 14:29

Adoring Family's "White Chocolate Mint Mocha"

1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 1/2 Tbsps. raw honey
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tsp. vanilla
1/2 Tsp. pure mint extract

Combine ingredients in a small pot and heat slowly on a stovetop. I usually add the honey right at the end so as not to compromise the beneficial nutrients and enzymes in the raw honey. Blend with an  immersion blender for 30 to 60 seconds. 

If you want to make this a mint hot chocolate recipe, simply add 1 or 2 tsps. of cocoa powder.
I love the bubbly froth the immersion blender creates. My daughter calls the froth marshmallows :) I doubled the recipe and we sipped this warming treat by the fire while we had our Bible study this morning.  And then I had to make more :D


Adoring Family's "White Chocolate Mint Mocha" has many health benefits.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, a type of medium-chain triglyceride. This fat helps to increase thermogenesis, perfect for warming you up on a cold day. It also boosts metabolism and aids the body in burning fat. It creates a unique energy source and improves cognitive function. What momma doesn't need that in the afternoon?

Raw honey  contains the vitamins B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and the minerals calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc to name a few. Honey contains the antioxidant "pinocembrin" which has  antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer benefits.

Half my kids cannot pronounce half of those words (but it's great when they try) so they obliviously enjoy the frothy mustaches and delicious sweet creamy taste while I smile knowing they are ingesting a healthy, sweet treat.

My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste.
 Proverbs 24:13
Grace and peace,
Adoring Family

linked here:
Shine Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment