simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Monday, February 16, 2015

Teach Us to Number Our Days

When I was a little girl I would dream of having babies and taking care of my home. I thought this time would last forever. Now that my oldest is nine I am beginning to realize that the little years are all too short lived.  People told me to enjoy it because it goes by fast. I knew they were right but I just didn't realize how fleeting the time would be. Life truly is but a vapor.


When my oldest daughter turned nine I remember thinking, "Oh no, half my time with her is gone." I could cry just thinking about it. I thought storytime would last forever, that bubble baths and peanut butter and jelly handprints were eternal. I thought little hands beckoning for me to pick them up would always be here. I now know how quickly seasons of life change although there are sweet fruits to be enjoyed with each one. 


 Psalm 90:12: So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
 I remember the delight I felt when I first stumbled upon this Scripture. Typically I think of the mind when I think of acquiring wisdom so I thought it intriguing as to why we would apply our hearts unto wisdom...I found this treasure which articulates it beautifully,"A short life should be wisely spent. We have not enough time at our disposal to justify us in misspending a single quarter of an hour. Neither are we sure of enough of life to justify us in procrastinating for a moment. If we were wise in heart we should see this, but mere head wisdom will not guide us aright." Charles Spurgeon


I hope to live in a profitable way. To take notice of the truth and beauty the Lord has surrounded us with. I want to be diligent with the time I have my children. I want to impart what the Lord has revealed to me and to surround my babies with love and favorable reception. To walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. "So teach us to number our days,.... Not merely to count them, how many they are, in an arithmetical way; there is no need of divine teachings for that." John Gill



I am asking The Lord to redeem the time for me. I want to be a good steward and make the most of every opportunity I have with these precious souls that have been entrusted to me for this blessed season.

A photo posted by AdoringCreations (@adoringcreations) on
Grace and peace,
Adoring Family

Hip Homeschool Moms
Epic Mommy Adventures

a-wise-woman-builds-her-home
Graced Simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment