simple blog


A simple blog about seeking the Lord, savoring life and joyfully serving.


Friday, May 31, 2019

🌊 5 Friday Favorites 🌊









🌊 5 Friday Favorites 🌊 
Such a fun filled week we’ve had!  We had a sweet, salty, silly week! I have five favorite things to share with you...




Salty:
Salt Water Pools
Oh my goodness, there’s nothing better than a salt water pool. Well, I’m sure there are plenty of things (like the ocean 🌊) but let’s just say that diving into a salt water pool is an invigorating and delightful experience. I so enjoyed playing in my BFF’s pool w my kids. Look mom! Mom watch, Mom Mom MOOOOMMM πŸ˜†πŸ€£ such sweet memories we made that day. 

Sweet:
Sweet Treats 
Rebel Ice Cream.
 This ice cream is Keto friendly. It only has 6 grams net carbs but it tasted delicious. I got the buttered pecan. It reminds me of my grandmother’s divinity. You know that white Christmas candy? Mmmmm so good! πŸ˜‹

Sweet Friends
There is a sweet couple at our church and their son is my son’s age and one of their daughters is Kate’s age. We decided to meet at our local park for an hour to let the kids play. They had a blast and it was a blessing to hear more about this Mom. It’s so good to spend time with other moms in the trenches and get ideas and encouragement. 

Sweet Reminders
I'm not usually one for memes but these hit home with me that day because they just kept popping up and different times but theme was the same. 
I have felt like I’m failing so much this month. I’ve been discouraged, tired and unmotivated to finish unpacking. I feel like I cannot get back into my morning routine. I’ve felt a little down this week but one morning I was looking at FB (catching up because I rarely get in anymore) and I found this...
Then I was looking at IG and I found these two right in a row. Seeing these right in a row got my attention and made me think, maybe this is God’s still small voice trying to tell me that I’m not perfect but He can still use me. He’s not finished with me yet. 

Silly:
Hippy Barthday πŸŽ‰ 



It was my husband’s birthday last week and his brother’s birthday this week so we had our first family gathering at our new place on my husband’s dad’s side. I tried to give everything that special Gramma touch. I made chicken salad like she used to, broccoli salad (soooo good) and a German chocolate cake. My FIL, who we call Pop-pu, is a prankster and rearranged the candles on the cakeπŸ˜†πŸ€£
We had such a great time. It was great to get the family back together although bittersweet without Gramma. 



In case you missed this week's posts here they are:



10 Things I Say Every Day  
(a fun reminder for the me that will read this in a year or two)



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Thank you for reading.
Grace & peace,
Adoring Family 
Linking up with WhitneyErika and Andrea.










No comments:

Post a Comment